Screening Throughout School Day
Faculty and staff will also be instructed to observe signs of any illness and anyone exhibiting these signs with no other explanation for them should be sent to the school health office for an assessment by the school nurse. If a school nurse is not available, the school will contact the parent/guardian to come pick up their ill child or send the faculty or staff member home. These signs include:
- Flushed cheeks;
- Rapid or difficulty breathing (without recent physical activity);
- Fatigue, and/or irritability; and
- Frequent use of the bathroom.
Faculty and staff will be educated on the symptoms of Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C) associated with COVID-19. School will notify the parent/guardian if their child shows any of the symptoms and recommend the child be referred for immediate follow up with a healthcare provider. These symptoms include:
- abdominal pain
- neck pain
- bloodshot eyes
- feeling extra tired
School will call for emergency transport (911) for any student showing any of these emergency warning signs of MIS-C or other concerning signs which include:
- trouble breathing
- pain or pressure in the chest that does not go away
- new confusion
- inability to wake or stay awake
- bluish lips or face
- severe abdominal pain
Students and staff must notify a designated staff person - the Covid19 Safety Coordinator, School Nurse, School Office Manager, their teacher when they develop symptoms or if their answers to the questionnaire change during school hours. If outside school hours, staff should notify the school principal or the COVID-19 Safety Coordinator. If students develop COVID-19 symptoms outside school hours use the following methods to contact the school principal or COVID-19 Safety Coordinator:
School Principal - call the school mobile at 518-698-3543 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Covid19 Safety Coordinator - call mobile at 518-698-9860 or send an email to email@example.com
Designated School Arrival Personnel will be trained to:
- Use the F-Doc Non Contact Forehead Thermometer
- Designate staff to accompany students to school isolation area
- Staff school isolation area
- To review screening forms
- Observe proper social distancing.
- The designated staff members will be wearing PPE protection that includes a face mask,
shield, gloves, and lab coat.
- Disinfecting wipes will be provided to designated staff members taking temperatures and/or
collecting health screening questionnaires.
If students or faculty or staff become ill with symptoms of COVID-19 at School, the school will follow Education Law § 906 and notify the local and state health departments.